Many children in Union County, though they receive free or reduced meals at school, have little to eat on weekends. We have partnered with Rock Rest Elementary School to provide backpacks filled with nutritious, "child-friendly" foods.
How can you help?
*contribute food items (see list)
*help in packing the backpacks
(volunteers meet on Wednesday evenings following supper to prepare the backpacks -- see Carol Tyson to volunteer)
- small boxes of dry cereal, instant oatmeal, mac & cheese
- small cans of pork'n'beans, Beefaroni, spaghetti, beef stew, etc.
- individual servings of pudding, applesauce, fruit coctail
- crackers, cereal bars, fruit roll-ups, raisins, cookies
- juice boxes
- canned meats
- non-perishable single-serve microwave kids meals
- microwave popcorn
please, no peanut products